Fire and Burn Permits


Clarksburg is served by a volunteer fire department .  Fire equipment is maintained at City Hall.   The Huntingdon Fire Department and the Westport Volunteer Fire Department provide assistance and backup as needed.  

Citizens needing assistance should dial 911.


Clarksburg does not have an ordinance relative to outside burning. However, the State of Tennessee requires permits beginning October 15 each year and ending May 15 for outside brush/trash burning.  Permits may be obtained by calling the Leach Fire Tower at 731.986.5550 Monday through Friday from 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Burn permits may also be acquired online by going to the State of Tennessee site